Passport Parental Consent Form DS-3053

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)

The passport parental consent form, otherwise known as ‘Form DS-3053’, is used when a minor under the age of sixteen (16) is applying for a passport. This consent form should be used if  one of the minor’s parents or guardians cannot be present at the time that the passport is being executed. If the minor has only one parent or guardian present and this form has not been made available to the U.S. Embassy, U.S. Passport Agency, or the U.S. Consulate abroad, at which the minor is applying, they will be unable to receive a U.S. passport.

How to Write

Step 1 – Download in Adobe PDF (.pdf).


Step 2 – Enter the minor’s full name, date of birth and what the authorization is being used for (passport book and card, book only, or card only).

Step 3 – In the “Statement of Consent’ window, supply the name of the parent or guardian who won’t be present during the application process and the name of the person applying for the passport. The address of the “non-applying parent” should be supplied along with their telephone number and email address.

Step 4 – Print the form and sign it before a notary, having them complete the remainder of the document.